Women's Health and Pregnancy
Women's Health refers to comprehensive women's health care as well as health issues that are unique to women, including:
- Conditions of the Female Organs
Be sure to get early and regular prenatal care to ensure you have a healthy pregnancy. You should also get recommended breast cancer, cervical cancer, and bone density screenings.
Our goal is to ensure the health and readiness of all women at every stage of life.
We provide Women's Health services at Munson Army Health Center. For information on mammography CLICK HERE
and Contraceptive Care Walk-In Clinic CLICK HERE
Women's health services are a TRICARE-covered benefit. We will refer you to a TRICARE network provider, if we cannot provide the service that you are requesting.
Munson services also include:
- Insertion and removal of an intrauterine device (IUD). This is a procedure that would require an appointment through our appointment line 913-684-6250.
- Depro-Provera contraception injection. The first shot is a procedure and requires an appointment through our appointment line 913-684-6250. After the first shot, patients may walk-in to our contraceptive clinic (located on the third floor) CLICK HERE for more information.
- Pregnancy tests are available in our lab. The Lab will contact the PCM with results. The Lab may not give patients results, according to law.
- If a pregnancy test is positive, the patient will then be referred to OB off post.
TRICARE covers well-woman exams annually for women under age 65 with no cost-share or copayment. TRICARE offers coverage for many women's health services, including:
For women who are 65 and older and using TRICARE For Life, you can still get women's preventive screenings. Get more information about these and other TRICARE covered services at: TRICARE Covered Services.