The Nutrition Care Division offers a broad range of nutritional services designed to deliver patient-centered healthcare to Active Duty Soldiers, families and retirees. The clinic has a Registered Dietitian on staff.
Individual Nutrition Therapy for a variety of medical conditions and Group Nutrition Therapy for the following:
- Active Duty Body Composition Program known as “Fit for Performance” Currently not available.
- Family Member & Retiree Weight Control Program
- Diabetes Education
- Heart Healthy Nutrition
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Wellness for Life
Patients may be seen for the following conditions:
- Diabetes (DM), Pre-Diabetes, and/or Gestational Diabetes (GDM)
- Overweight or Obesity or Underweight Patients
- Prenatal Nutrition, and nutrition related issues such as hyperemesis or Gestational Diabetes (GDM)
- Childhood Nutrition Related issues
- Underweight or Failure to Thrive (FTT)
- Food Allergies or Intolerances
- Celiac Disease
- Hyperlipidemia – elevated cholesterol
- Hypertension (HTN) – high blood pressure
- Eating Disorders or Disordered Eating Habits
- Sports Nutrition and/or Supplement Safety
- Vitamin/Mineral Deficiencies
- Basic Nutrition to improve overall diet
Providers may refer patients to Nutrition Clinic.
Patients may also self-refer for Nutrition Clinic Services and call the clinic at (913) 684-6523
to schedule an appointment with a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN).